Friday, June 13, 2008

LA Tri Series #3

I raced the LA Tri series at Bonelli Park in San Dimas, California. This was my second time doing this race. My swim went well having exited the water at 21:24 for 1500 meters. I was about two minutes faster than last year. T1 went smooth. However, the bike leg was not so good. The bike course is a 8.4 mile loop that is done three times, it has a few hills both up and down. I ride this course all the time as it is near my home. For whatever reason I just seemed to go slow. I was about 6 minutes off of what I should have been. This might be due to my bike computer not working, I had no idea what my speed and cadence was. T2 went well and I ran the best 10k run leg that I have ever run, with an average of 8:40 miles, and a race to the finish! That was over a minute a mile faster than last year and I felt like I could have kept going. Overall, I took about 8 minutes off my time for this course finishing in 2:42. I raced Clydesdale and got fifth, the big guys were really fast that day! Next up for me is a bunch of open water swim events and a 5k. The next Tri for me will the the Malibu Olympic Distance in September.


No comments: