Monday, September 15, 2008

Naples Island 3 Mile Swim

I was supposed to do this race way back in July. The race got canceled due to some water quality issues.  First, I would like to thank the Long Beach Grunions swim team for rescheduling this event. They did a fantastic job of letting participants know that the event venue was having problems.

This was my second time doing this race. The course is basically a swim around an island. It is all flat water and there is a lot of navigation. You have to be on top of where you are at all times. Since the race was a US Masters Swimming sanctioned event this was a no wet-suit race. Having done the Malibu Olympic Triathlon the day before I had no idea how my body would react to doing back to back races. It turned out to be all good. I was able to swim the course in 1:05. It was a PR for me by over 4 minutes. I also got first place in my age group 35-39. I am not sure what my overall placing was. Looking back I think that I could have pushed myself a little bit harder.



 

No comments: