Sunday, November 22, 2009

LA County Half Marathon @ Fairplex


I decided to do this race because it was so close to home, about 3 miles. The race started at the center of the Fairplex in Pomona. We ran to the NHRA drag strip and half way down it and hung a right. Then the course went to Bonellie Park where we ran around the lake. There were a few zig-zags and some up and downs. After Bonellie the course returned to the Fairplex grounds. I really liked this run because it had such variety in it. Never a dull moment. By no means is it an easy half-marathon especially with the steep hill in mile 12. Since it was the first year for this race it was not that big. However, next year I will draw a larger field of runners for sure. My race went well and I achieved my goal of making 1:49:51. My was to go under 1:50:00. I would like to thank my fellow SoCalDayBreaker runners Buzz, Erin, and Dr. Phil for pushing me to make my time goal. I hope to do this race in 2010.

No comments: