Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bonelli Olympic Distance Triathlon

On October 5th I did the Bonelli Olympic Distance Triathlon in San Dimas, California. I think that this will be my last Triathlon this year aside from being the swimmer on a relay team in November. The swim went well, I was in wave #2 and came out of the water #1 and 2nd overall for the day in 24 minutes. The swim for this race was really long, probably by about 200m as I have been averaging 20-21 minutes all year. T1 went well except that I knocked over the bike rack, fortunately all the other bikes were already gone because they were all in the sprint distance race. For this race I decided to try a new bike that I built up a few months ago. It is a Leader 735TT and it raced well. The bike course at Bonelli is a 8.6 mile loop that you go around 3 times. Its got some big hills both up and down. Lots of variety I saw speeds ranging from 10mph to 40mph. The bike on this race is a far cry from your typical California beach city triathlon. I came off the bike and had a fast T2 and then on to the run. The run on this course is also up and down with a mix of trails and pavement. My run went better than most and has improved much since last year. The finish was fun as there was a sprint the last 200m. Overall it was a good race for me as I came in #2 in the Clydesdale division, which means that only one Clydesdale passed me on the run. It's been a fun season for me and I can't wait for next year!



No comments: