Monday, December 15, 2008

Turkey Tri - Relay


On November 30th I did the Turkey Tri at Bonelli Park in San Dimas as part of a relay team. I was the swimmer (37 years), my wife's cousins son Kyle (15 years) was the cyclist, and my nephew Christopher (16 years) was the runner. The distances were 1000 meeters swim, 14 miles bike, and a 5 mile run. All of our legs went well. As you can see it was one older fellow with the youth. It was both the cyclists and runners first triathlon event and they had a blast. The vuenu was fantastic and race well run. I think that race director said there were about 700 partcipants. Our race went smoothly and we took first place in the male relay smashing the second place team by about 7 minutes. Our time was 1:25:15 and a relay course record. We came in 7th place in the overall. I think we will do this next year and put in our sights a higher overall finish. I will send a note to the race director to see if he will etertain placeing the relays in wave one.

No comments: